Thursday, October 12, 2006

Google Acquires Youtube

For a few days I had been hearing news about Google acquiring Youtube which I believed was just a rumour, but now Google announced the acquisition for $1.65 billion.

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., October 9, 2006 - Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) announced today that it has agreed to acquire YouTube, the consumer media company for people to watch and share original videos through a Web experience, for $1.65 billion in a stock-for-stock transaction. Following the acquisition, YouTube will operate independently to preserve its successful brand and passionate community.

I spend some time on YouTube almost daily and this is great news for me as I expect Google to improve YouTube’s service a lot more. Google Rules!

What’s your opinion on Google acquiring Youtube?

No comments: